Monday, March 28, 2011

May 21st, 2011




I have a deal for any of the believers who plan to be raptured on May 21st 2011 - this is a "no lose" proposition for you!

I will give you $100 in return for a promissory note for $10,000 - payable on May 22nd 2011. I will pick up the cost of having it notarized: you don't have to spend a cent and you will get $100 cash. Period.

When you get raptured on May 21st 2011 that will be the end of it as far as you're concerned and I will be out $100. Think of it as partial punishment for my disbelief. You get $100 now and I am left with nothing when you get raptured. Pretty sweet, huh?

But - if, for any reason, you are still here on Planet Earth on May 22nd 2011 the full amount of $10,000 is payable to me. In cash.

Really, how can you lose? You KNOW you will be raptured and I'll be left (with all the other unsaved people) awaiting the final end five months later. And, in addition to annihilation, I will be out $100.

Use the $100 to print up more bumper stickers: sweet, ironic justice for my disbelief - and YOU can make it happen!

Contact me at once and I will arrange matters with my lawyer and notary. But don't delay - for reasons entirely outside of my control, this is a time-limited offer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to feel foolish if it comes to pass.

Bill Clarke said...

Oh, I know! And broke, too!!

At least, I would be broke if a bunch of the true believers would take me up on this offer.

None so far. And time keeps on ...ticking...ticking...ticking... into the future.

Janelle said...

HAHAHAHA, that's hilarious. I really enjoyed reading it. Great idea. I hope someone takes you up on your offer.

http://chimercial.blogspot.com/

Yvonne said...

I'll go splits with you ..that way, we'll each only be out $50 :D

Yashpar said...

I will try this next time someone predicts the rapture.